This is a quilt that I finished a while ago…maybe June? I followed the free pattern on Oh, Fransson! Crazy Nine-Patch Lattice Quilt . This was a really fun way to make a quilt! Stacking & slicing the blocks up, then sewing them back together was interesting because I wasn’t really sure how the block was going to turn out. I ended up really liking this quilt even with a few issues I had.
- I used Minky for the back. That made it impossible for me to quilt it for some reason. (I bought a walking foot since, so maybe I would try it again.)
- I ended up ripping out my first row of quilting & because I was rushing & working in the dark, ripped a hole in the top… front & center. (It wasn’t huge… and I fixed it, but I see it every time I see the quilt.)
- Because of my difficulty with the Minky backing & my own impatience, I did the envelope style finish… sew it together with right sides together, flip it right sides out. It looks fine & I am pretty sure my husband doesn’t care, but I wanted it to be nicer for him.
- I did some light quilting & it is wrinkly.
I would like to try to use Minky again because it is so soft & cozy to snuggle with, but it makes me nervous after all the struggles I had with it.