October was a FULL month.
- We participated in lots of Cub Scouts activities. 1 Sr. Webelo + 1 Tiger + Dad doing the Committee Chair role, Wood Badge, & getting asked to take on a Council position in Scouts is fun but busy!
- The boys had picture day. My 1st grader can NOT smile on command.
- I volunteered at the boy’s schools 7 days. (Yes, they are in 2 different schools, so twice the volunteer opportunities.)
- My 5th grader had an after-school library party as a reward for reading a TON over the summer. How cool is that?!
- I worked 1 day.
- We sold Popcorn & wreaths for Cub Scouts. (Door-to-door & at a show & sell at a grocery store.)
- My Mom had her 2nd knee replacement surgery, so we went up to visit her.
- My husband was away for 2 long weekends. He also made a day trip to Chicago for work.
- I participated in a swap between my do. Good Stitches girls.
- It was school hot lunch week so I went to eat lunch with my boys 2 different days.
- We spent a long MEA break up north.
- Our kids got sick.
- W had a friend over one weekend.
- I had a whole bunch of migraines & promised myself I would get some help with that.
- I ordered costumes last minute & vowed to never wait so long again.
- I spent a whole day making accessories for costumes & swearing that I would never wait till the last minute again.
- We had a Halloween party for Cub Scouts, a parade at T’s school, & trick-or-treating at our house with friends & 1 cousin.
- We did Karate.
This is the pin cushion & ornament I received for the Peace circle of do. Good stitches swap. Cute!
Here is the pincushion in action.
My October blocks for do. Good stitches. We used the October HST Block of the Month tutorial over at In Color Order.
My niece in her peacock costume, at the parade. Isn’t she cute?! My sister did a great job making her costume.
My Ninja boys & Sox the white pawed feline.